Hello everyone, welcome back to Crystal Thursday. We’re taking a look at Apophyllite today. My original post went up back on September 9 of 2017.
Apophyllite is said to be a rare mineral first discovered in 1806 by a French Priest and mineralogist, Rene Just Hauy. His work, a four volume study of crystals called Traite de Mineralogie, was so highly thought of that he is considered to be the Father of modern crystallography. He is also one of the people responsible for the creation of the metric system.
Smallish pockets of Apophyllite can be found in a range of colors around the world, such as India, Germany, Greenland, Brazil, Iceland, Canada and the US. The colors range from Clear, Yellow, Green which is very rare, and violet.
In the late 1970s it was discovered two new forms making Apophyllite a group of three minerals. The additional forms are also silicates but don’t grow in the pyramid shape. All three forms are medium hard with a Mohs scale of about 4.5 – 5. Something to keep in mind is they have a water based structure, and may flake apart if they get too heated.
Let’s take a look at the metaphysical qualities of this crystal:
- The energy of Apophyllite makes it a good pendulum.
- It’s a good choice for working with the third eye.
- Enhance your psychic ability.
- Works with the heart chakra to clear emotional pain.
- The high vibration of this crystal allows for working with the angelic realm.
- Said to repair the 12 strand DNA and fill the aura with light.
- It is said to heal the eyes.
- Another interesting thing this crystal does is help attract a mate.
- Helps fight addictions.
- Expands your consciousness.
- Helps you to astral project.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this brief look at Apophyllite. If the qualities of this stone resonate with you I encourage you to purchase a piece and work with it. Keep in mind I am not a doctor and sharing the healing qualities of this stone is in no way giving medical advice. Working with it can help but if you are ill see your medical practitioner of choice.
Until Next Time
Blessed Be ❤ Sharon