You may have noticed I haven’t had my normal crystal post for a while. Well, it took me over two years and 122 post but I’ve covered every crystal I own! As we are all currently confined to quarters, getting out to find a new crystal friend is not on the list of things to do. I do have several interesting pieces I am looking for. Unfortunately, they are and not something I would find and purchase on line. I prefer to hold the crystals and feel their energy before I buy. That is my personal preference.
I decided, in the mean time, I would discuss crystal families, their qualities and perhaps update some of the older posts. When I began this crystal journey through my collection I didn’t give as much information as I have in my more recent posts. Some of the pictures can be updated as well. Staring off this new series is:
The Quartz Family
The Quartz family of crystals is very large and diverse. Within the family there are the Quartz crystal group, the Agates, the Jasper’s, the Chalcedony’s the Sandstone, the Granite’s, you get the picture. It is a big family. Not the biggest, that title goes to the Feldspar family, but Quartz is a very abundant mineral found all over the world, in a variety of colors determined by the minerals in the mix. On the Mohs Scale most crystals within this family are a nice sturdy seven.
Quartz can be used for many things. It is used in the glass making process, for ceramics, abrasives, jewelry, crystal grids, meditation and for healing. As a family they share several qualities, but also have their own individual energies. Some of the qualities they share are:
- Clearing and detoxing the aura, then filling it with light.
- Heals and balances the etheric and emotional bodies.
- Clears and protects against negative energy.
- Opens your spirituality and intuition.
- Brings goodness into your life.
Here are a few of the Quartz Family posts I have written over the last two years.
- Clear Quartz in The Morning Light
- Amethyst in The Morning Light
- Citrine in The Morning Light
- Smokey Quartz in The Morning Light
- Rose Quartz in The Morning Light
- Tourmalinated Quartz in The Morning Light
- Rutilated Quartz in The Morning Light
- Golden Healer Quartz in The Morning Light
- Elestial Quartz in The Morning Light
- Lemurian Quartz in The Morning Light
- Herkimer Diamond in The Morning Light
- Aventurine in The Morning Light
- Chrysoprase in The Morning Light
- Blue Lace Agate in The Morning Light
- Brecciated Jasper in The Morning Light
- Granite in The Morning Light
As you can see there is quite a variety within this family to enjoy.
Have a fabulous day! Blessed Be ❤ Sharon