In 1890 a man named Waldemar Brogger was studying the Oslo Rift near Larvik Norway and stumbled upon todays crystal, a Feldspar called Larvikite. There are two different names this crystal may be found as, they are Pearlspar and Blue Pearl. These alternate names probably came from the colors that the stone can be found in. They are black, dark blue and a silvery white. Aside from Norway, Larvikite can also be found in the United Kingdom and Canada, so it’s a fairly rare stone. It is a 6 to 6.5 on the Mohs scale and works with the Sacral and Throat Chakras.
In the past, the main use for Larvikite has been in the construction industry as a facade for buildings. In the metaphysical arena it’s not readily known or easily found. It has a wonderful energy and some amazing qualities that will enhance our lives spiritually, emotionally and physically. Here are some:
- Repels negativity.
- It’s protective and grounding
- Helps create a strong connection with the earth
- Stimulates inner visions and enhances psychic ability
- Helps us see the past, past lives and gives us clarity
- Encourages creativity
- Teaches us patience
- Helps us be flexible
- Opens doors and creates new pathways to travel.
- It is said to treat skin disorders.
- To increase energy levels.
- Said to be calming.
- Said to reduce blood pressure.
- Said to help detox the body.
- Aid in weight loss.
If Larvikite seems like something that you find interesting and would like to investigate, I invite you to buy a piece and work with it. As always, I am not a doctor nor am I suggesting you leave allopathic medicine. I am only suggesting options to enhance your health and well-being.
Blessed Be ❤ Sharon