Gold stone is technically not a stone, it’s a type of specialized glass made with quartz, sand and copper. Because it is made with crystal and silica I include it in my collection. It has some amazing qualities. The story of how it was first made is kind of up for grabs but the one told most often is that the process was created and jealously guarded in the 1600’s by a family of Italian glass makers named Miotti. Another version is that the process is older yet but I couldn’t find enough details to make it believable for me. One article made reference to an amulet from 12th century Iran being made from a material similar to Goldstone.
I have seen several different colors of this stone, such as blue, purple, and green. The Mohs hardness scale has this gem at a 6 and the chakras that Goldstone works well with are the Solar Plexus, Throat and Third Eye. Some of the qualities that make this wonderful glass so special are:
- It has a powerful protective energy.
- Increases drive, ambition and confidence.
- It has a very grounding energy that helps you get out of your head and back into the game.
- It helps you feel better when you are feeling overwhelmed or falling into old thought and belief patterns.
- Holding one in each hand while meditating bring the body, mind and spirit back into harmony.
- Enhances tissue regeneration.
I hope you enjoyed learning about this lovely and sparkly stone. If it sounds like something you would like to work with, I invite you to get one and give its energy a try. This is where I must give my usual disclaimer. The one where I tell you I am not a doctor and do not in any way suggest you give up allopathic medicine in all its wonders. I am only giving options to enhance your life and spiritual growth.
Blessed Be ❤ Sharon
One thought on “Goldstone in The Morning Light”